1. When I was 7 or 8, I would have a reoccurring nightmare that one of my dolls came to life, played with me, and then would try to pull me into my closet with her. I’d follow her into the closet at first, but then she’d show me this little door at the back of the closet, and my heart would start to race. I don’t know what it was about that door, but I knew something bad would happen if I went through it. I’d start to struggle and try to pull away, but the doll was too strong and would start pulling me through the door. At this point in the dream, I’d always wake up screaming. The worst part was I had night terrors, so sometimes I’d wake up standing next to my closet. Every night before bed, I’d make my parents make sure there wasn’t a little door at the back of my closet. There never was.
Anyway, I was talking to my mom the other day and this dream came up. I’m laughing about it and how ridiculously paranoid I was about dolls and that closet, but my mom gets really quiet. She tells me the creepy part of that dream wasn’t the doll; it was the fact that there used to be a little door at the back of the closet, but when I was one year old, they remodeled the house and put a wall where the door used to be. There’s no way I could have remembered that door, but years later, I kept dreaming about it.
None of my friends believe this story, but I swear it’s true.
2. Fishing on Lake Minnewanka in Banff national park with a good friend. About 50 feet from shore.
Around 8:30 pm, I see glowing red eyes. Up in the trees. Like… red… like predator I guess. I do a double-take… they are gone.
I decide not to say anything, maybe I’m trippin. Did just smoke up. Nope. 5 mins later my buddy says, “I just seen some glowing red eyes up in the top of those trees.”
I feel goosebumps. “Yup, I saw them too.”
We look back and they are gone. We decide to aim the boat towards the shoreline. It’s not dark yet but sun is going down. We saw nothing. No owls, no goats in the trails. We didn’t get off the boat but we had a good look around.
When I ask him about it (this was around 10 years ago) he just says he doesn’t want to talk about it.
I can’t blame him. But after all these years I’ve never heard or seen anything like those glowing red eyes, 30 – 40 feet up in the trees. Staring at us.
I copied and pasted this next part, I knew nothing about the history when we went fishing there:
“For more than 100 centuries, people hunted and camped along the original shores of Lake Minnewanka. The Stoney people called it “Minn-waki” or “Lake of the Spirits”. They respected and feared this lake for its resident spirits. The Early Europeans called it Devil’s Lake.”
I used to go camping there. I do not any more. Mostly because it’s bear country for most of the summer. But yeah also because of those bright red eyes. I will never forget that. Most surreal thing I’ve ever seen.
3. I spent one summer in high school living with my aunt and uncle and keeping their seven year old daughter for them during the day while they worked. I was up late one night watching TV in the living room. The living room was right off of the kitchen, separated only by an L shaped bar. I saw my cousin, out of the corner of my eye, walk down the hallway from her room into the kitchen. It was way past her bedtime, so I told her she needed to go back to bed. When I didn’t hear her answer, I got up and walked around the bar and into the kitchen. There was no one there. I checked under the bar to see if she was hiding from me, and there was no one there, and no where else she could’ve gone from the kitchen. I walked down the hallway to her room, and she was fast asleep, snoring, so there was no way it was her. It baffled me, and freaked me out, because if I didn’t see my cousin, who was the little girl that walked into the kitchen?
Several years later, I was talking to my aunt and she nonchalantly brings up the ghost in her house. I laughed it off and she said, “No, I’m serious. We have a ghost. Your uncle and I both have seen her and heard her. We call her Giggles, because we hear her giggling. We usually only see her in the hallway before she disappears.” All of a sudden, I remembered the disappearing girl in the kitchen. I asked her what her ghost looked like. She said she had blonde hair with braids and wore a white dress. My cousin is blonde. On the night in question, I thought I’d seen my cousin in a nightgown walk down the hallway, but apparently it was the ghost that resides in my aunt’s house.
4. Growing up, I had a friend named Adam. He was never able to come out dyeing the day, only right before all of us kids had to go home for the evening.
Adam lived a few houses over, in a house with an overgrown yard. I met his parents once. They were very strange, didn’t smile, and obviously didn’t want me there.
I remember Adam telling me that he was sick, that’s why he couldn’t play that much. He was a small boy, pale with dark hair.
Eventually, Adam stopped showing up all together. And I eventually moved on, though I do remember going to his house a couple times to see if he could come play, and his dad just gave me this look before closing the door in my face.
Later in life, I asked my sister if she remembered him. She doesn’t, and according to my parents – that house was empty the entire time we lived there.
I don’t know who Adam was, I don’t know why I so vividly remember him and his parents. As far as I can tell, he wasn’t real – and yet I have perfect memories of him and his parents.
5. I was living with a few of my friends a year and a half ago and we’re all pretty religious— at least two of us work in religion. We were talking about how we didn’t believe in ghosts or demons, at least in the sense that we couldn’t see them if they were real. We started talking about how if we saw one it would change our perspective entirely. I said out loud, “If something is here I wish it would just show us.”
Two nights later I’m sound asleep and have the most vivid, brutal nightmare I’ve ever had. Long story short I was in my childhood house, we were getting robbed, and the robber shot my father only it was me (I was the robber). My father and I had a very strained relationship and the detail of the shooting woke me up in tears. I mean I was SOBBING.
I looked at the foot of my bed and saw a man sitting on his heels staring at me. It looked like he was 80 years old but never hit puberty— that’s as best I can describe it. His face looked kind but his eyes looked so wicked it struck terror into my soul. He almost looked curious, but morbidly so. He was wearing clothes that looked like he was a newspaper salesman from 1890’s New York. I only saw him for a split second and he was gone. The wild thing is I got ALL OF THAT DETAIL in just a split second, like he wanted me to remember him.
HERES THE CRAZY PART. So I was spooked to shit right? I went into our living room and watched YouTube and some twitch streams for a bit until I convinced myself I was just half asleep and still spooked. I lay back in bed and the moment my head hits the pillow my room mate sits straight up in bed (still asleep), points at the foot of my bed and says, “_______ (my name), who is that?” I LOST MY GOD DAMN MIND. I literally drove home at 3am and told my parents through tears I wanted to stay home until summer.
I stayed at home for a week or so and then went back. My room mate started having night terrors after that but we moved soon after. I’ve never been so scared in all of my life.
6. I’d hallucinate stuff like shadows arguing or “corner of my eye” people. I know the things I see aren’t real and can’t hurt me, but it still doesn’t change the fact that I’m terrified shitless of them.
The scariest one was reoccurring. It’s more recent and I’m chalking up it’s creation to me being stressed out. It would perch on my table and watch me from across my bedroom. It’s always dark but I know that if I can see it, it can see me. When I’d say something about it, everyone would laugh and say that I was nuts/I was cursed. I haven’t seen it in a few months and idk if it’ll come back.
7. I remember when I was little and was taking a bath with the help with my mom. Some guests came over so she left me alone for a bit to talk to them leaving me. Personally I was always scared of being alone in the bathroom – maybe because of Bloody Mary or being a pussy. Anyways, I remember looking at the mirror and swear to god seeing a women in their with black hair, white skin, staring at me. It’s very cliche, black hair, pale skin, looking at me in the mirror. It could be my imagination but this isn’t the first time I’ve seen crazy shit.
8. When I was about fifteen or so, I went upstairs in the early evening. The light was hitting the window at a low angle, and covered the wall over my bed with yellow light.
The reflected light contained the shadow of words, and spelled “execute Jennifer.” I went to get my sister to show her, and the message was gone.
She didn’t know what to say, and didn’t believe me. I told her that I didn’t know anyone called Jennifer and we agreed that that was probably for the best.
9. I work night shift at a nursing home. At my first job (5 years ago) the building used to be a school in the 50’s. So the set up is already eerie… anyway. There was the usual noises heard in the distance and cold chills every now and then. The faucets in the rooms used to start running water randomly and the lights would turn themselves off and on… but the last straw was one night I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, and when I turned around I saw a silhouette pressed up against the privacy curtain and 2 skinny grey legs in blue slippers at the bottom of the curtain. When I moved the privacy curtain (thinking a resident had wandered into the room) no one was there, even though I could clearly see the outline of the body when I grabbed the curtain to move it.
I called in and quit the next day.
Me calling DON’s private number: “Hey this is so-and-so… I don’t think I’m coming in tonight… actually I’m not coming in tonight. I’m not coming back in any night. I quit.
DON: “Can… can I ask why?”
Me: “Uh. No.” *Hangs up.
The facility I work in currently is down the street from that place. And one if my current coworkers used to work there. She has a similar story.
Side note: I also got stuck in the stairwell one time. You have to have codes to get in the doors so the patients can’t just open the doors and fall down the stairwell. The keypad wasn’t working. I had no phone and I was in TEARS by the time my nurses heard me banging on the door. Surprised I’m still in this line of work.
10. When I was a kid, I used to stay at my grandparents house a lot. They’ve had that house for as long as my mom has been alive, possibly even longer. All I know is that the history of the property is still unknown to this day.
Anyways, I used to stay in my moms old childhood room—it was called the purple room due to the purple carpet and the lavender wallpaper. It was a pretty big room with a queen sized bed in the middle, and a humongous window right next to it. During the summer I would frequently stay at that house and spend a lot of time in that room. One night, I vividly remember waking up late at night, probably 1 or 2 in the morning, and seeing a puppet show outside my window. I wish I was making this up.
They were hand/sock puppets and it looked like it was only performed by one or two people. It was only a shadow of this performance, which threw me off, so of course I assumed I was still a little tired and totally out of it and imagining the whole thing. I decided to brush it off my shoulder and ignore it. Oh man, do I regret that.
As soon as I turned over on my right side, there in the doorway was a large black figure. It was pitch black out in the hallway, but I could clearly see a figure standing there. My stomach sank and my heart started beating quickly. I was wide awake now. I blinked a few times and I swear every time I did, it got a little bit closer. When it got arms length away from me, that’s when I felt my heart stop beating completely and my body turning cold. I swear I could see my breath because of how cold it is. I was able to muster up a scream that woke up both of my grandparents and brother from their deep slumber. My grandma was the first one to come into my room, but as soon as she flicked the lights on, it was gone. Never to be seen again. I was sobbing and trying to tell her what I saw, but she just kept stroking my hair and saying I was just having a bad dream. I know that wasn’t a dream and what I saw was real. I also believe that this thing that I saw as a child has followed me when I moved to a different state. I was about 6 or 7 when this happened and I’m 16 now. To this day, no one believes me
11. We had this punching bag (On the ground, not hanging on the air) that we took the bag off of, leaving only the thing that brings the punching bag back to you. We were wondering what to do with it. The next few days, my mom was doing some arts and crafts project (she was big on it lately) and made this dragon head. She called it George and hung it on that punching bag thing. When I slept, it was directly in my eyesight if I looked through my bedroom door. Sometimes, when I was having trouble sleeping, I could swear that the head turned 90 degrees to look directly at me. When I blinked, it was back to normal. This happened many times over the course of 4 years before George started falling apart. I was happy, but my mom was sad. Even when I told her what I saw, she thought I was just having bad dreams. I’m sure that dragon head was looking straight at me.
12. I was at this scene of a suicide (work related). Guy shot him self with a shotgun, right under the chin. When I walked in, a black cat was sitting in his blood and staring at me. Really weird.
13. I work night shift at a hospital and during the night it’s fairly common for us to run out of particular supplies that we need. During the day, there is normally a worker from central supply that you can call and they’ll bring up what you need directly to your floor. But at night, we don’t have that luxury so we often have to go down and get it ourselves. Central supply is the basement of this hospital that has been around since the 40’s, so it’s creepy enough. I had heard stories about how creepy it was and people getting uneasy feelings while down there alone. I was naive and didn’t really believe it until one night I had to go down there by myself. The place is huge and dimly lit with rows of shelves of hospital supplies everywhere. I’m in the middle of these shelves looking for what I need when I just start to feel a shiver run through my entire body. The hair on my neck is standing up and I just get this feeling of complete dread, like I’m not supposed to be there. Then all of a sudden I see this black figure dart passed me out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought I was just seeing things because it’s like 3am and I’m tired so I brush it off. I go to leave and suddenly I hear a huge crash behind me. A variety of supplies were wiped completely off the shelf and all over the floor and in the corner of the room, I just see this black figure like thing standing there. Every hair on my body is standing up at this point and I get my ass out of that place as fast as possible. I came back to my floor and all but one of my coworkers thought I was bluffing. The only one who believed me saw my face and without me saying anything said to me, “You saw it too, didn’t you?”
14. About a decade ago, I was helping my sister and her husband move into their new apartment. It was in a far off city, so I couldn’t exactly drive home right after we were done, and their place was also pretty cramped. I decided to spend the weekend at her friend’s (who I’ll call Mary) house for my bus back home on Monday. Now, Mary is a widow. I’m also a guy. Keep that in mind.
When I first got to Mary’s house, I was immediately hit by how unwelcoming the place felt. She was really nice, but the house just “felt” angry, as if I was an intruder. The building was also ice cold despite it being summer and there being no AC. It was off putting to say the least but I just chalked it up to nerves. Mary starts to show me around the house, but a feeling of profound unease begins to steadily creep up on me, starting right in my gut. Something is seriously off about this place, but I don’t know what exactly. One room was her husband’s study. It looked completely untouched since what I was guessing was the time of his death: files, books, computer and keyboard, pens and pencils, and even a coffee mug. All of it was covered in some serious dust. The room didn’t look exactly ominous but it was certainly bizarre.
She finally leads me to the guest room and I start to get ready to turn in. It’s about 11 PM. I leave the one luggage bag I brought on the floor, change into my pajamas, lay in bed and try to get to sleep. A few hours later at about 1 or 1:30, I wake up to what sounds like footsteps. I don’t worry too much about it, thinking it’s probably Mary on her way to the bathroom or something. Then something hits me like a brick.
These footsteps are far too deep and far too loud to belong to Mary.
They sound like the footsteps of a bigger guy. Now, I’m sweating bullets but all I can really do is stay still and try to go back to sleep. For good while, all I can hear is the steady pacing of a large man just outside the door. I swear, at some moments it felt like whatever the fuck it was, was walking into the room. I eventually fall back asleep.
I wake up again at about 3 or 3:30. This time it felt like someone or something was pinning the covers from below the bed so that I couldn’t move. I’m fucking terrified and paralyzed in fear. After a few moments of struggling, I manage to get the covers off and then the bed starts to violently shake. I grab my phone and fucking take off. I hustle down the stairs in my PJs and call a taxi to get to a hotel since I’m way too spooked to stay any longer. Once I get off the phone, I quickly go back into the house to get my stuff from the guest room. I will never forget what I saw next. As I open the door to my room, to my complete and utter horror, I see that my luggage has been carefully placed on my bed, opened, and the contents have been completely strewn about. I practically shit a brick, scramble to get my stuff into my bag, and sprint out of the house.
I haven’t been over at Mary’s house since
15. Had my laptop in my bed just before going to sleep (not plugged in, on battery). Made an offhand comment on some website about how I wasn’t scared of ghosts and didn’t believe in them. Then I turned it off and went to sleep with the laptop beside me in my bed.
Next morning when I try to power it on, nothing happens. But the laptop feels unusually light. That’s when I realized the battery had been physically removed and placed in the kitchen.
I was alone in my apartment and do not have a history of sleepwalking at all.
16. When I was around 9 or 10, this guy who looked about 40 just kept being in every single public place I was in. With my parents or not, he was there. At the store? Yes he was there, bought everything me and my family bought. In school? Yes, he was staring at me on the other side of the school gate. Out in the city? Yes, following me in the streets. I told my parents so many times and they just ignored me and said I need to stop believing everything my brother says. (Since my brother was really into creepy stuff at the time, he was 14) One day this guy just disappeared. The next thing I knew was that one of my friends kept seeing the guy everywhere. She many times pointed that the guy was outside the school gate watching her, I never saw him on the other side of the gate. Then she told me the guy disappeared after a few weeks.
Then this other kid started telling everyone about the guy following him.
17. My story starts when I was roughly 8. My parents bought an old farm house that’s over 100 years old (we found news paper clippings in the wall when they renovated it from 1864). I had 2 brothers at the time and we were all outside playing and they had a tendency to pick on me, so I decided I was done putting up with it and went in the house to tattle (as year olds do). I yelled several times for my mom and finally got back. “What is it dear?” Not seeing her I yell, “Where are you?” Again I hear a voice, “I’m over here here.” I don’t see her and call out again. This repeats about 4 times and as I get closer and the voice gets louder. I passed by a window and glanced out to see my mom and dad out in the distance working on a tractor. My heart jumps into my throat and I book it outside. My brothers are exactly where they were when I went in so I know it’s not one of them messing with me.
Throughout the years I hear voices and TV’s and strange noises constantly throughout the house but just assume I’m hearing things Move up a bit to me being 17. Parents left town for a few days and I had some friends come over. Night starts off normal we play some video games and all is well. 2 of my friends need to use the bathroom so one goes down stairs and one stays upstairs since theres 2 bathrooms in the house. First friend comes back from the bathroom and says, “Yea yes really funny guys,” to the 3 of us that are in the room. We have no idea what he talking about. He said, “Banging on the door and making weird sounds while I’m taking a piss, soooooo funny.” We are all genuinely confused as we haven’t moved. He doesn’t believe us but sits down and rejoins the group. Now the second friend comes back from downstairs and has a similar complaint. He says we were bouncing a ball, shuffling things around laughing outside the door and heard us run off when the toilet flushed. We again are confused especially since there weren’t enough of us to mess with both of them at the same time. Conversation kind of drops but neither seem convinced we did nothing
A couple hours go by and for some reason the conversation comes up again. We deny it they don’t believe it. Eventually that turns into jokes a out ghosts and how we disturbed them when the house was remodeled(I was about 13 when we started remodeling). Jokes continue and someone said, “Ah come on now you cant really believe that ghosts exist?” And everyone is like nahh they probably don’t. On the other side of the room is a single-fold closet door and right as we said that this door explodes open so violently that the folds slam together and bounce almost back shut. We immediately end that conversation, flip every light in the house on and no one dared to touch that door. The next day I wanted to make sure something didn’t fall, but as I open the door there is nothing close to the door a d nothing big enough that even could have fallen to slam that door open.
Move forward to me being 20 and telling my mom of the weird things that I witnessed. She tells me: “Oh I know theres at least a family of 3 that I know of. 2 little boys one always has a bouncing ball and the other giggles a lot and an old man.” I hadn’t even gotten to that part in my story.
18. It was a warm summer morning back when I was a kid. I was standing in our hallway, putting on my shoes when I randomly peeked into our living room and saw a see-through male figure surrounded by rainbow colored light standing right in the middle of the living room. He was reading a book and didn’t seem to notice me. I thought it was weird but I didn’t feel scared or anything. It felt like the room was filled with a warm, loving energy if that makes sense. I kinda just shrugged it off and went about my day, probably because I was too young to really understand what I’d seen. A few days later when my mom tucked me into bed she read me a bedtime story about a kid who meets an angel or something like that, don’t remember the story exactly but what is interesting is the authors description of what that angel looked like. It was exactly the same as the strange rainbow man I had seen in our living room a couple of days before. It even said that angels will often visit humans surrounded by a strong, rainbow colored lightening and manifest themselves while reading a book.
I casually blurted out:”Oh, I’ve seen an angel then!” and my mom was like:”You have? That’s great!” and we didn’t talk more about that for a while until one day where I randomly asked my mom if I could see a picture of my grandad who died unexpectedly while my mom was pregnant with me.She found an old family album and we looked through pictures of my parents’ wedding that happened exactly one year before I was born. There was a picture of three or four people sitting together, laughing and having a great time at the party. I immediately pointed out the guy who sat in the middle and said:“How funny! He looks just like the angel I saw!!” and my moms face turned white as a ghost. She was just about to tell me that this was indeed my deceased grandfather who I never got to meet. I’m very convinced it was him visiting me.
19. About 8 years ago now I was taking a drive out to Kansas from the east coast. I was with a friend and we were going out to see her grandparents. Once we were about 2 hours from the grandparents house my friend starts outlining standard operating procedures of “seeing things” in and around her family’s home. She seemed a bit panicky when going over everything but I managed to calm her down. I’m skeptical of everything and assured her that the things she had seen when she was a small child were just manufactured in her imagination. She insisted that the entire family had seen these “things” with the exception of her grandparents.
2 hours later, we arrive in Kansas and I’m ready to fall over because of the length of time the last leg of the trip took. We are welcomed and grandmother takes me to a back bedroom and just as she about to close the door; she stops, says, “Maybe you shouldn’t stay in this room,” and escorts me to another room. Ok, that was a little strange but whatever, I’m tired.
Fast forward to night #2 at the grandparents home. It’s around 11pm and my friend is crashed out on the couch watching tv. I’m in an adjacent bedroom from which I can see her laying on the couch. I nod off for the night and wake up to a old grey man that bared a resemblance to the grandfather but was not the grandfather standing with his back to me in the doorway looking at my friend sleeping on the couch. I decided I was going to get up and confront the old grey man and something slammed me back into the bed. I tried to get up several more times with the same result. Each time I was slammed back into the bed a voice would repeat: “Put a seal on the door”
Finally, I snapped to it’s 3 am and everything was normal. I must have been sleeping. It was a dream. No old grey man and my friend was fast asleep. So I start pacing around the room trying to decide how I feel about what had just happened. I glance over to my friend her eyes are open and she says, “You seen it.” I say, “Get in the car, I can’t be here right now.”
We spend the next 4 hours sitting in a Walmart parking lot talking about the history of her experiences in that house and comparing to my own. Ok, my nerves are not on fire anymore and we are heading back to the grandparents home. We arrive and they are waiting for us inside. I tell them exactly what happened to me and I get: “Yeah, that’s strange. We usually do seal our doors with a prayer at night but with all the excitement we just must have forgotten. All the children have mentioned stories of things but we have never seen them. We are sorry you had to go through that.”
I’m really not sure what I seen or experienced that night but when I tell people they get that look of skepticism. It’s obvious they don’t believe me. My conclusion is that the experience was indistinguishable from reality in the moment. I don’t know what that means but it changed the way I look at things.
20. Near the end my grandma had trouble controlling her bowels, wore a diaper and would typically go all over the toilet. After she passed(she passed in the house under professional care) my family cleaned out the house, took the wallpaper down, cleaned the place spotless, because we were going to move in in the next month or two. About a week after we finished cleaning we went back to make sure everything was good, we get to the bathroom my grandma used and there was literal shit everywhere, the walls, the ceiling, behind the shower curtain, literally the entire bathroom was essentially coated. Freaked me out because I knew it had to be my grandma, no burst pipes or anything wrong with the plumbing.
21. I was flicking through these and told my girlfriend about one and she hit me up with these stories. Just some background she is a dedicated science brain and not superstitious at all.
When she was growing up (~4 to ~15 years of age) she would often wake up in the middle of a disturbed sleep to see an old women perched at the end of her bed.
This women was not someone that she recognized.
The old lady would sooth her back to sleep often patting her feet at the end of her bed.
The strange thing about this is her sister (a few years older) also had similar experiences seeing the old lady. They both shared a room, but would see her at different times.
We doubt very much it was someone coming into their rooms at night.
Both her and the sister also recalled seeing a man popping his head out from behind their tall kitchen cupboard, smiling and then going back behind it. Turns out that from his description the family believed it was a neighbor who passed away and used to play hide and seek with them and his children.
22. I used to have a buddy that lived in the same neighborhood, a few streets over. One night we were having a couple of beers in his backyard while playing cards. I had some things to do the next morning so just before ten I said my good-byes and shoved off.
It was a short walk (MAYBE 15 minutes door-to-door) so I never drove. Anyway, it was a nice night… uneventful trip. But when I got home, my roommate was coming out the front door, coffee in hand, and dressed for work. He gave me a funny look and said he thought I was asleep since my truck was in the driveway. I told him where I’d been and asked why he was going in to work at night.
That’s when he kind of laughed and asked if I was drunk. We stared at each other for a minute and then he told me it was just after 5 IN THE MORNING and he was going in just like he usually did.
In my entire life, I’d never felt more confused than I did in that moment. I could tell he was dead serious but I KNEW I had just left my friend’s house.
I checked my phone and sure enough… 5-something in the AM. My roommate left for work. I paced circles in the living room for a bit then called the friend whose house I’d just left. He groggily answered and confirmed I’d left at ten the previous evening.
I have no idea what happened during those 7 hours of my life and it gives me chills to think about it all these years later. I wasn’t drunk, I wasn’t tired, no one could have slipped anything in either of the two Coors lights I’d had… no known medical conditions that would have caused me to blackout, and nothing has happened like it since.
I just don’t know what happened to that time.
23. Not quite sure how young I was at the time but it was probably between 5-8. I was in my babysitter bed at the time in her trailer park. It was 3:00am I had woken up because I had to pee. When I woke up I looked down the hallway to see my babysitter leaning against the wall like one of the stereotypical cool guys do in movies. And I made eye contact and I felt my body go cold because she was still sound asleep next to me in bed. I went under the blankets trying to hide and when I looked back she was gone. I didn’t want to sound crazy so I’ve never told anyone. I just sat in her bed watching infomercials until 6:00am when she woke up. Never even thought about sleeping there again. I honestly forget how much this affected me until I started writing this. Really freaked me out man.
24. This happened to me last year and I fully understand why no one believed me because it sounds ridiculous.
Every morning, I need to wake up at 5 am to get the 5:30 bus to the train station to go to university. I had to be there by 8 am, but I like to get there half an hour early.
To get to the bus stop, I have to walk down this bike path and under this bridge to get to this quiet backstreet road. There is fuck all light on the bike path. This street is dead quiet. The right side of the road is a continuation of the bike path, and the left is a normal footpath with a long green hedge.
One morning, I was standing there waiting for a bus and this old women comes walking out from under the bridge. I didn’t see her at first because as I said it was pitch black on the bike path. She crosses the road and walks up to me. She asked me if I knew where X road was. I turned to point in the direction of the road she was looking for. I turned back and she was gone.
This old women who was walking at a snails pace disappeared within 3 seconds.
25. This was 4 years ago. As I was walking on the sidewalk on a busy afternoon, I saw a suspicious boy/man about 18 yo. He was 10 meters away and walking what it looked like towards me. I kept my eyes on him despite the fact that he wasn’t looking directly at me, his eyes were roaming jumping from an object to an object. As we approached one another, half a meter away from each other he takes out a knife and tries to stab me in my left side. He wasn’t really fast, so I easily dodged it and immediately turn to see who is he, or if he is trying to stab me again. To my surprise he continues walking and after couple of meters he stopes turns around smiles and gives me thumbs up, then he continues walking in the opposite direction.
Till this day I don’t know who he was, what he wanted and even my family doesn’t believe me, because “if someone wanted to stab you, you can‘t stop him. You aren’t experienced enough to dodge it like that” and something of that kind.
26. I woke up to something, it sounded like a door shutting. At first I thought it was a dream because I could hear it in the dream as I was waking up, kinda like when someone calls your name when you’re dreaming. But then I looked at my cat, his hair was completely standing up and he was beaming at my bedroom door. This was the moment when I got really scared bc i know animals can pick up on that shit and I thought he might know somethings wrong. My cat doesn’t do this type of thing unless a dog is in the room.
So I looked over at the door and the only way I can describe it is it looked like it was swaying, slowly, like it was breathing, like someone was standing on the other side of it trying to hear if I was awake. This swaying was accompanied by a shadow. I don’t mean a supernatural shadow, but it looked like the shadow of a person behind the door.
I was paralyzed in fear. I lied there for 5 minutes naked watching this door away. I considered yelling and trying to scare them away but I was terrified someone might respond. I legitimately thought this was the moment where I will have to defend myself or be killed.
I don’t own a gun but after 10 minutes or so I mustered up the courage to check every room in the house. I fucking checked every corner too. But there was no one there.
I don’t know what happened, but my evolutionary traits kicked in and I completely believed someone was outside my door.
27. I grew up on a 2 acre home with plenty of trees and room for an 8 yr old to run around. Our house also was heated in winter by a wood fireplace, so we would periodically cut down one of our own trees to save money. Well for about 2 years, there was a stump less then a foot tall near the house, and at least once a day, without fail, I would see someone standing on the stump. Usually it was out of the corner of my eye, but once or twice I looked directly at him. I always looked away quickly, cuz it startled me and he was gone, but my sister says she experienced the same thing.
28. My neighbor was dying of a heart condition about 6 years ago. He knew he was, so he was giving away his valuables to people he trusted with them. Neighbor gave me his tackle box. He loved to fish. I would see him come home from fishing every day and he’d just sit on his porch and skin fish. I just put the tackle box in my closet and didn’t really do anything with it since I don’t fish. Anyways, soon after, he passed away in his home. Exactly a week after that, I woke up to the tackle box at the foot of my bed. Weird, but my stepdad likes to dick around, figured it was him, so I put it back. The next morning, I wake up, it’s at the foot of my bed again. So, I ask my stepdad what the deal was, and he had no idea what I was talking about. To test this, I put the tackle box in a spot that he wouldn’t find, nor would he attempt to get it. Under my bed, all the way in the back against the wall, and I put stuff in front of it to conceal it. Next morning, nothing. Okay, I guess it was him. Didn’t give it much thought after that. 3 days pass, I wake up one morning and there it is, at the foot of my bed. Fuck. Now i’m starting to freak out. So I did what any rational person would and I went fishing with it. After I went fishing, I put the tackle box away, and it hasn’t moved since then. It’s still there.
29. Just after high school, maybe six months or so after 9-11, I was a van driver who drove the meals for meals on wheels to the place where they get packaged up and taken for home delivery. Anyway the delivery van only had am/fm radio and I was listening to 92.5 fm, when all of a sudden the station cuts out and a transmission that I can only describe as an American version of a numbers station began playing. It was seemingly random numbers followed by a long period of the same phrase repeated over and over again. The phrase was “they took the crosstown bus” over and over again. None of the other drivers heard it but man was it creepy to hear. Eventually the regular radio station came back on and they never mentioned anything about it.
30. Didn’t see it but heard it. My friends and I got a cheap set of walkie-talkies from Walmart and were playing around with them in the middle of the day. There’s a bit of silence as we’re trying to figure out the volume and out of nowhere there’s a male voice saying “mayday mayday mayday” that comes through all of our walkie talkies and it definitely sounds like it from one of those aircraft headsets. We try to answer back but there’s no response. I called non emergency but they said there weren’t any reports of distressed aircraft or ships and even if there were, they couldn’t do anything about it.