We’ve all had the awkward experience of posting a picture on social media that turns out to be a bit embarrassing, particularly when we don’t initially notice the fact that there’s something to be embarrassed about. I can remember scrolling through my newsfeed on a number of occasions, only to pause and stare with my mouth hanging open at the foolishness of a friend who has uploaded something incredibly cringe-worthy. Maybe it’s a picture of themselves with their fly open, or their kid’s soiled diaper, or a snap of them at the club where two amorous strangers are busy necking behind them.
There are all kinds of examples of this kind of photography – the kind that suggests that the person taking the snaps wasn’t paying too much attention to the subject matter, and missed out on something pretty damning in the background. We’ve collated some of the funniest examples for your perusal: scroll down if you think you can handle the cringe.
1. Must be mating season
2. A tough guy in front of his granny
3. Dad, please put some pants on
3. That girl’s shoe is in an awkward place
5. “No ifs or butts; will you marry me?”
6. Sick maneuver bro!
7. A wedding snap ruined
8. Phallic rock
9. A lovely picture spoiled by a crack in the window
10. Marking his territory
11. Photoshop alert!
12. Baby’s foot has made daddy look creepy
13. Someone obviously loves themselves
16. Two kangaroos getting freaky together
17. Who’s the guy on the bed?
18. Is that a tail or…?
19. Humping pooch at the park
20. Prom photo ruined
21. I can see right up your nose
22. Delete your search history guys
23. A day at the beach
24. A different kind of ammunition
The majority of the time, photographs like this are simply funny. But occasionally, they actually turn out to be pretty damn freaky. Don’t believe me? Then check out this bizarre picture of a young couple where something distinctly weird is going on in the background of the shot.