1. Spermophile – A terrestrial burrowing rodent; ground squirrel.
2. Uvula – a fleshy extension at the back of the soft palate which hangs above the throat.
3. Pusillanimous – showing a lack of courage or determination; timid.
4. Shuttlecock – struck with rackets in the games of badminton and battledore.
5. Dongle – a small device able to be connected to and used with a computer, especially to allow access to wireless broadband or use of protected software.
6. Bunghole – the side of a wine barrel.
7. Sexigenerian – a person in their 60s.
8. Angina – chest pain on the left side associated, usually, with exercise.
9. Diphthong – a sound formed by the combination of two vowels in a single syllable, in which the sound begins as one vowel and moves toward another.
10. Titular – holding or constituting a purely formal position or title without any real authority.
11. Formication – the sensation of bugs crawling on your skin.
12. Weenus – the loose skin covering the outside of the elbow joint.
13. Spelunking – exploration of caves.
14. Interrobang – a non-standard punctuation mark.
15. Matriculate – be enrolled at a college or university.
16. Sextuple – consisting of six parts or things.
17. Defenestration – to throw someone out of a window.
18. Fiddling – annoyingly trivial or petty.
19. Prostrate – lying facedown on the ground.
20. Bangkok – a location.
21. Succumb – fail to resist pressure, temptation, or some other negative force.
22. Poop deck – the aftermost and highest deck of a ship.
23. Skinflint – a person who spends as little money as possible; a miser.
24. Tittup – to move with jerky or exaggerated movements.
25. Pussyfoot – act in a cautious or noncommittal way.
26. Orogeny – a process in which a section of the earth’s crust is folded and deformed by lateral compression to form a mountain range.
27. Penal – relating to, used for, or prescribing the punishment of offenders under the legal system.
28. Plethora – a large or excessive amount.
29. Cockpit – a compartment for the pilot.
30. Cumin – the aromatic seeds of a plant of the parsley family.
31. Nepotism – the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.
32. Mukluk – a soft boot worn by Eskimos.
33. Philately – the collection and study of postage stamps.
34. Panini – a sandwich made with Italian bread, usually toasted.
35. Fuddrucker’s – an American fast casual, franchised restaurant chain.
36. Spotted dick – a suet pudding containing currants.
37. Crepuscular – animals that are active at twilight.
38. Petcock – the drain valve on a radiator.
39. Moist – slightly wet.
40. Woodcock – a woodland bird of the sandpiper family, with a long bill, brown camouflaged plumage, and a distinctive display flight.
41. Uranus – a planet.
42. Caulk – a waterproof filler and sealant, used in building work and repairs.
43. Succotash – an American dish of corn and lima beans cooked together.
44. Thespian – relating to drama and the theater.
45. Pianist – a person who plays the piano.
46. Hooch – alcoholic liquor.
47. Kumquat – an orange-like fruit related to the citruses, with an edible sweet rind and acid pulp.
48. Manhole – a small covered opening in a floor, pavement, or other surface to allow a person to enter, especially an opening in a city street leading to a sewer.
49. Fornication – an arched ceiling.
50. Masticate – chew food.