Going to the gym is a lifestyle for millions of people around the world. It an important part of their day-to-day routine which helps them to stay fit physically and mentally. In fact, it’s been proven that regular gym goers get sick less often and are more productive.

However, for 23-year-old Marcelle Mancuso, her love of the gym left her paralyzed from the neck downwards.

The tragic accident happened when she was doing an ‘inverted’ sit up, pictured below, at her gym in Sao Jose do Rio Preto in Brazil.

During the exercise, she fell off the equipment and broke a vertebra in her neck.

The damage caused by spinal injuries is difficult to fully ascertain until a certain amount of time has passed, and doctors prepared the 23-year-old for the worst, informing her that it was likely that she could become tetraplegic – meaning that she would not regain feeling in her arms or legs.

Check out the video below for her incredible story:

Marcelle’s healing process began when a titanium plate was fitted into her spine.

LEAVE A REPLY