We often take the design process for granted, though. We assume that things are automatically made to function properly, and it’s not until we encounter bad design that we really understand how badly it can go wrong. So with that in mind, we’ve collated the most egregious examples of modern design that we could find, for those occasions where someone was clearly asleep at the wheel.
1. A really bad name for a knock-off store
2. This Christmas tree ornament looks like a severed finger
3. This dentist’s sign looks like someone’s getting shot
4. Happy 20170!
5. Measurements on an opaque bottle
6. Someone needs to read their own book
7. Make a hand look masculine by adding a collar and tie!
8. All I can see is: “if you car accident what to do?”
9. Disabled elderly pregnant children
10. Isn’t there an easier way to enter a phone number?
11. Racist accessories
12. I think someone should show you how to read
13. Check out this keypad
14. Borg baby
15. Phallic balloon
16. Unfortunately placed door handles
17. These flamingos look at bit … Freudian
18. How big is this watch?
19. “Cool Jizz?”
20. Why not make the Eiffel tower the letter “A?”
21. You shouldn’t trust this translator
22. Obnoxious birthday cake
23. Mirrors over the toilet stalls
24. Three-legged underwear
25. That toilet paper is pretty far away
26. The pattern on this dress looks like a stain
27. “Sh*t yourself”
28. Bad career advice
29. These buttons make no sense!
30. A solar-powered parking meter, placed underground
Pretty bad, aren’t they? It makes you wonder how someone could screw up so much. But bad design isn’t only a feature of products and items – it can also be found in people’s homes as well. Check out these 20 design fails that ruined other people’s homes.