Many pet parents are joining the growing trend of brightening up their dog’s fur with funky, vibrant colors.

In fact, it’s become so popular that groomers even carry pet-friendly dyes and offer the service at their establishments. But when it comes to “beautifying” dogs, there’s a huge and crucial difference between using products specifically meant for animals and deciding human hair dye is an adequate substitute. While choosing the latter may not seem like a big deal if you aren’t very familiar with its ingredients, it can burn, injure, and even potentially kill your furry companions — as evidenced by this dog’s horrific ordeal.

Back in November, a little Maltese mix named Violet was brought into Pinellas County Animal Services in Largo, Florida. The poor thing was in terrible shape, having been dyed purple with human hair dye, which contains toxic chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide and bleach.

“Violet’s eyes were swollen shut, she was limp and listless, and she had obvious burns to her skin,” shelter staff wrote. “We gave fluids and pain meds and we gently washed as much of the chemical dye off as we could.”

"Violet&rsquo;s eyes were swollen shut, she was limp and listless, and she had obvious burns to her skin," shelter staff <a href="https://www.facebook.com/PinellasCountyAnimalServices/posts/10155193720090983" target="_blank">wrote</a>. "We gave fluids and pain meds and we gently washed as much of the chemical dye off as we could."

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘1761295214131796’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY